Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Watch Your Language

I recently read an article in the Summer 2012 Bookazine (Pg. 115) on the power of words. The article talks about having a fitness mantra personal to your goals. There is also a version online at Oxygen Magazine!
I loved both of the articles!
I had just gotten my first Firedaughter shirt in the mail and I was attending my first spin class. LOVE my Firedaughter gear!
The shirt read "It's not luck. It's hard work." Pink with black writing. I was ready to go and felt great!!!
Well, I don't know if you have ever been to a spin class, but 20 minutes in I was DYING! Gasping for air, trying to keep it together, and I had already finished my ONLY bottle of water! I caught my shirt in the mirror. Although the words were backwards... I thought to myself...
"It's not luck. It's hard work."
I pushed through the rest of spin class constantly telling myself...
"It's not luck. It's hard work."
It got me through the rest of the class and numerous workouts in the past few weeks.
Self talk is an amazing thing. I never realized the impact positive mantras or sayings have on my workouts. When I am ready to give up I think... One more rep!
When I'm running (I hate cardio) I think... Push!
The positive mantras you or I can have are endless, but what pushes you? What helps YOU get through and closer to your goals?
I loved this article in the Bookazine. I have to say... it really has changed my workouts.
The article talks about creating a mantra unique for you and walks you through having POSITIVE self-talk!
Thoughts can make or break you.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't... you're right!"
-Henry Ford

Thank you for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment