Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday- #1

What I Ate Wednesday is hosted by Peas and Crayons and I am very excited to participate in my very first...
What I Ate Wednesday
I start my day between 4:30AM and 5:00AM in order to get to the gym before work to get my workout in! I eat every three hours (usually) unless I start to get hungry... then I eat a snack or my next meal a little early.
Pre-workout- 100% whole wheat toast with a teaspoon of natural peanut butter.
I am also sharing my pre-workout I take. We get these green tea pills at Costco and I love them. I have used numerous pre-workouts that are advertised and the green tea pills are by far my favorite.
Post-workout- I usually have about 5-6 egg whites and a veggie or fruit.
This morning I added a handful of spinach and 1/4 zucchini to my egg whites. I also made a veggie smoothie- half a mango, 8 strawberries, 1/4 C. blueberries, 1/2 banana, handful of Kale & Spinach and a teaspoon of ground flax seed blended with cold water and 10 ice cubes.

10:30AM called for a tablespoon of this peanut butter (which I LOVE), 1/2 cup of oats and 1/2 a banana. I didn't take a picture of my oatmeal mix because well... It looks unappetizing, but it is so good!!

Lunch Time 1:30- I LOVE the Ziploc Steamer bags to cook my chicken and veggies. For lunch I cut up a whole sweet potato put in the steamer bag and put cinnamon and all spice. I microwaved at 3min 30sec. I removed the sweet potatoes and added a 1/4 zucchini and microwaved 3min.

4:30PM- My "wings" meal!
They had wings at work today and I was determined to kill my cravings with a clean version.
Here goes--- 3 chicken tenderloins in a Ziploc steamer for 6min 30sec. I seasoned them after they were cooked with paprika and pepper and added a tablespoon of Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce. The sauce is somewhat high in sodium so I am very careful to make sure I measure it. I cut up 3 full stalks of celery and made my own dipping sauce.
Tablespoon Greek Yogurt with pepper, Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb, onion powder, Italian seasoning and dry mustard. I don't have an exact measurement I just put a dash of everything until it begins to taste like a sour cream dip.

7:30 DINNER TIME
Taco Beef Salad- plate of lettuce, sprinkle of fat free Mexican cheese, 5 grape tomatoes, 1 1/2 cup lean ground beef, 2 tablespoons salsa and a teaspoon of Greek Yogurt.
I made my dressing with a teaspoon of lime juice, tablespoon olive oil, tablespoon red wine vinegar, chili powder, pepper, onion powder, red pepper flake... all to taste!

I am loving peach iced tea right now. I don't drink any caffeine after 4PM so this caffeine free tea is perfect ice cold. I put a little hot water in the bottom of the cup with 1 tea bag. Let sit 2 min and then add cold water to fill.
And there you have it, my first What I Ate Wednesday!!
Comment and let me know your thoughts and if there is anything I can add to my weekly W.I.A.W.!!
I love hearing from you all!! Thank you for your kind words and support!
As always, thank you for listening!
*Keep up with me all day- Pinterest - Facebook - Instagram @anna0301

Xo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment