Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Favorite Things

I have to post some of my favorite things that help me get through this journey.
I am a very busy person and I rely on great products to get me through the day.
Here are some of my must haves and favorites...
1.) Plenty of plastic Tupperware containers. I cook in bulk and eat six times a day. I pack leftovers in single portions in smaller Tupperware. I love the Ziploc brand and the Rubbermaid brand containers. I especially like when different size containers have the same lid. This way I don't have a bunch of lids without containers to match. Frustrating.
2.)A great work out playlist! I update my playlist on my IPod often and change the name of each playlist as I create new ones. Right now my gym playlist is titled "DREAM BIG".
3.) My Fitness Pal App on my phone. I love this app. I am able to log my food all day long. It does the calculating for me and I can keep track of exactly where I am during the day. At times I know I need to increase carbs or decrease protein. I watch my sugars every day and the My Fitness Pal app helps me monitor what I am consuming in one day. They also have a website to use as a tracker if you don't have the application on your phone. SO NO EXCUSES!
4.) Measuring Cups- I have many sets of measuring cups in my kitchen. I was never one to measure my food, but it doesn't really make sense not to control portions while you are eating. Too much peanut butter can increase your fats and too much fruit can increase your carbohydrates through the day. Consistency is key when working toward a goal and measuring cups help keep me consistent.
5. ) Oxygen Magazine is my ultimate inspiration! I read it cover to cover and save all of my magazines to refer to at a later time. I love the information, photos, and workouts inside. In addition, I love looking up to fitness models who are living my dream. When I see a physique I love in a magazine or get inspired by an article on a certain model, I look them up on Facebook. If I can find a Facebook fanpage for the model I follow it for inspiration! I think it is important to find people you can relate to. If you are a 50+ woman follow Tosca Reno. If you are a new Mom I love Kim Dolan Leto. My personal favorites are Kelsey Byers and Amanda Adams. Really the list could go on!

Believe in yourself first... the rest will follow. I can't begin to tell you how many times I was held back because of fear. Let it go. All of your dreams are on the other side of fear.
I stay consistent. I don't do any fancy workout routines or cook fancy meals, I simply stay consistent and challenge myself. People are often looking for a quick fix and I promise you... there isn't one. If there was... we'd all use it.
Thanks for listening!
Xo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment