Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

If you know me you know I am absolutely hooked on lifting weights and building muscle. I am not an Amazon woman nor do I have bulging muscles and veins.
I lift weights mainly because it makes me feel great to see the changes in my body. When I lift heavy weights I feel like I am sculpting the body I wasn't born with. Second reason is because I know that muscle 1.) takes up less room than fat and 2.) the body burns more calories trying to maintain the muscle on your body. That leads me to how to properly build lean muscle, aside from working out with weights.
THE KITCHEN! I have two favorite places... the gym and home in the kitchen.
I live by my Best of Clean Eating book and magazine and my Oxygen Magazine. I have found great recipes on bodybuilding.com also.
I love to make sweet potato fries, homemade pita chips, different protein bars and my favorite recipe right now is Jaime Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffin from BodyBuilding.com. In fact... they are in the oven right now.
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
2 Lbs. Ground Turkey
3 Egg Whites
1 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
2 tsp Dry Yellow Mustard
2 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Chipotle Pepper Spice
1 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Small Onion
2 Celery Stalks

Preheat oven 375 degrees
Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray
Mix all ingredients together
(I start with the dry ingredients first, then add eggs, turkey, celery & onion)
Roll mixture in to even balls and place in muffin tin.
The recipe makes 12 muffins.


This is 8 of the 12 we made =)

This is my absolute favorite right now because it is quick and easy to make and makes for easy servings of lean protein throughout the day. I skip the salt in mine, but I wanted to write what the recipe calls for.
As always, thank you for listening.
Xo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment