Sunday, July 8, 2012

Double-Sided Fears

I read an article by Natalie Jill called Make Your Own Luck! It is a great article and really made me start thinking.
Our lives are built by what we choose to do and choose not to do.
After reading I decided to read Natalie's post, Accomplish Your Goals and I am hooked. I will be starting the three tier process for setting my goals tonight. I am looking forward to getting my feet moving.
We tend to have big dreams and big ideas and out of fear we never act upon them. We are afraid of failure or stepping out of our comfort zone.
When I really stop to think about it... there is a double-sided fear on goals.
The first fear is failure...
The second fear is growing old and never knowing what could have been.

In this case... what are WE waiting for?
I don't know about you, but time flies very fast around here.
I am a big dreamer... full of extravagant dreams!
I am going to use my planner to track my goals in order to make them reality.
Let me know if you too will be reevaluating your goals and taking the steps to start tracking them.
Tomorrow is Monday and I am looking forward to a fresh start! =)

3 comments:

  1. Very nice article. This reminds of a quote that one of my HS teachers said to us,

    "There are many sad words of tongue and pen...but the saddest are these, it might have been"

    That had a big impact on me, and this article shows that you feel exactly the same way! It sounds like you've got a spark to get moving tomorrow...so enjoy the trip to achieving all of your "extravagant dreams" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I never want to look back and think, "I should have chased that dream harder." I've never once regretted going after a goal with everything I've got, but I've certainly regretted not putting in enough effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post girl. I love how determined and passionate you are about reaching your goals, as I believe everyone should be!!

    ReplyDelete